Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Meme

A meme, play along. Dump out your stitching bag and show us what's in it.



Two projects, in recycled plastic cases--the Spot Sampler in the square bag (heated throw) and the sorting hat in the cylinder (dog blanket). I popped them in those bags when I went to stitching night in the pouring rain. As you can see I have no concern for the finished sorting hat; it's loose in the bag. My pink argyle cheaters are in that plaid glasses case. You can see in the close-up two pairs of scissors on fobs and one pair unfobulated. I've got a Prairie Schooler freebie card from one camp visit or another and my list of Christmas gifts to make (complete with delusional deadlines). The pill container from Zyrtec actually contains Pepcid complete. I don't go anywhere without that. My extra needles and other necessities are in my Ott Lite carrier.

So, what's in your bag?

Don't forget to leave a link.


Stella gave us a little scare on Saturday. She had the doggy flu, a Rover rotovirus or something. She was so sick! She didn't even eat for two days. Now we have her on hamburger and rice, and she loves it. She really missed playing with the other dogs last night at Sunday dinner. My sister's dog hurt her knee and couldn't come either. My cousin's dog was beside himself; he hung out by the door waiting for them all evening. But that's nothing to my niece; she wept and wept and kept giving us treats to bring to them. Poor things, the lot of 'em. (Isn't that a cute face? Look at her little white beard... She's going to be one on Sunday! They grow up so fast!)

17 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What a great meme but I am afraid to let anyone see in my stitching bag. It is so full, I have graduated to two bags. I needed one for the overflow!! Can you spell obsessed!!! LOL

Carolyn NC said...

If I took it all out, I'd never get it back in! Glad Stella is better. :)

Brigitte said...

That's a very inspiring meme, Anna. At the moment I don't have a stitching bag. Everything I need for stitching is scattered around my stitching sofa. I only gather things up when I go to a stitch-in which is more than rare.

Alice said...

Poor Stella! I am glad she feels better.

My stitching bag is currently empty as I am at a switching point in my rotation. I may have a band festival brochure or two in there.

Kathy said...

Poor Stella. I am glad she is on the mend. And hope she is all better by Sunday so she can celebrate her first birthday in style! :)

As for what's in my stitching bag? It might be better to say what stitching is in each bag. I have a bag I use for work that always has a project or two. As well as my lunch, a book to read, mail to go through and numerous other items. One for the monthly LNS sit and stitch. That one is usually emptied when I get home. Still another I might grab for appointments. Though it will always have a the current project thrown in when I run out of the house and removed when I get home.

Catherine said...

Glad to hear Stella is feeling better. Hope she had a wonderful birthday!

My stitching bag contains, well, a bunch of stuff. A couple of current projects in zip-lock bags, my scissors, a needle case, a ruler, a notebook, and other various and assorted items that at the moment I can not remember.

Real Live Woman said...

Here's a link to "What's in my bag" - http://reallivewoman.blogspot.com/2009/10/stitching-bag.html

Coni said...

I feel so....cleansed.

Please feel free to laugh at will once you see the enormous pile 'o crap that constitutes my stitching "bag".

http://www.spinsterstitcher.blogspot.com

Good thing you didn't ask to see my underpants drawer or I would have been REALLY mortified!

Laura said...

Okay, my slovenly bag contents are on my blog. Sadly, instead of using this as an excuse to clean out the bag, I just shoved all the crap back in.

http://stitchingmylifeaway.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Love seeing your stitching bag innards! I also have a list with unreasonable deadlines! Happy belated birthday to you - things have been quite busy on the old blog, huh?

corinna said...

i didn't even know i was memeing...i was just following along.....i had never heard of the word meme....learn something new every single day....who knew

Silverlotus said...

I hope Stella is feeling better, Anna. It is difficult when a pet isn't feeling well because they can't tell us what is wrong.

I've posted pictures of my stitching basket. I feel, um, a bit like I might have too much in it. :)

http://lotuspond.silentblue.net/blog/?p=1450

Unknown said...

Mine's up. Like Laura, I shoved it all back in.

http://pencilcrossings.blogspot.com/2009/10/stitching-bag.html

Um, thanks for putting the Capitol One commercial into my head all day.

Courtney said...

what is the designer for that pea pod scissor fob?! it's adorable!!

doris said...

Poor Stella. Hope she's ditched that bug, or she won't be able to party like a big girl on her day.

I love your empty-your-bag idea, and I may even get around to it. My bag is rather empty, but my basket is a nightmare. We'll see. The most important thing you mentioned is an Ott light carrier. That may be something I have to have. Usually I just suffer through someone else's bad lighting.

Jenna said...

I'm sorry Stella had a bout of canine influenza. The vet we're taking the girls to in a couple of weeks for their spay surgery is requiring a canine influenza vaccination for any dogs that spend the day there. Said they've been seeing a lot of cases this year.

I'm really glad she's feeling better now. Can't believe she's going to be one already!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great Meme! I can't play along... my bag is empty between travels!