Monday, April 07, 2014

Mancraft Monday!

Can I even call this a craft? I mean, I emptied a bottle of Jack Daniels* and stuck the apparatus from a broken** soap dispenser on it. Seriously, screwed right in. That's the $11 bottle of Jack; just about what you'd pay for a new soap dispenser. My cousin's husband is going to love this. He's a fan of JD which makes it perfect for his bar!

But craft? Let's call it DIY and move on to next week, which will involve actual sewing.


*Into a decanter.
**For some reason the soap dispenser that we had in the kitchen came detached from its base. It became completely unstable just in time to be repurposed.

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Maybe not a craft, but so clever!

Robin said...

Love it! I love mixing up things that are unexpected. Will look great behind anyone's bar.

Kristen said...

Such a good idea!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

My son would love this!!!

Von said...

CrAft or not, it makes a great gift! :)

Thoeria said...

Should we ask *how* you emptied the bottle of Jack? :D

Cole said...

I love these :) I'm glad you're feeling better!

Nina said...

What man could say no to this! Great idea!

Linda said...

What a clever idea Nikki.

Linda

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

That's a sweet DIY and totes awesome!

C in DC said...

This is great! If you filled it with the yellow Dial antibacterial liquid soap, it might even look like there is still Jack in the bottle. :-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

"I emptied a bottle of Jack Daniels", were you still able to craft after doing so? Hic!

TBH if this is craft then can I have credit for the display of tassels from the Amarula bottles hubby gets every Christmas?

Coral said...

'emptied bottle of Jack' - I thought the same as every one else - giggle!

What a pity you had a decanter!!