Thursday, February 07, 2013

Neglect

This morning I got up bright and early--okay it was early, I was less than bright and so was the sky--to work at my local public radio station during the campaign. Did you call to tell us--the volunteers from the Haverford Township Free Library--your favorite college or university between seven and 10 am? If you had a totally incompetent volunteer that was probably me. I accidentally hung up on a caller, and I kept forgetting to get credit card information. Don't tell me all the things I have to say are in blue and then not put the payment info in blue! I guess I'm quite literal when I get up at 4:45 am after a night of tossing and turning and checking my alarm clock to make sure I wasn't oversleeping. I was bright...eventually. And I took two calls from fellow (?) alumnae but by then I was an old hand. If you've ever thought about doing this, I recommend it. It was fun!

I'm supposed to have been working diligently on Black Snowman by Shepherd's Bush. As it turns out, I haven't been. I've had meetings and organizing to do, and for some doltish reason, I kept thinking that I was working on Black Snowman until Friday. You know, Friday, February 6. {smh} On Friday I will stitch with my library ladies and spend some time at the doctor's office where there is plenty of stitching time, so I kept thinking Black Snowman would get his due.

I did start my February ornament. I think I just looked up from my stitching when this photo was taken. (It's a Franknsanta.) Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Needle Nicely said...

How is anyone coherent at 7am? My DH knows to talk to himself in the morning. It's a massive plus if I do more than grunt. Now, put me in there at 7pm and I'm your gal--especially with a drink or two under my belt/tongue/whatever.

Just remember that old adage--it's the thought that counts. And you did today.