Friday, July 06, 2012

Tagged

Evalina Maria over at This and That tagged me. And since I am not stitching much, I thought I'd answer her questions. The rules for this game are simple, you answer the 11 questions asked and then you tag eleven more bloggers and ask them 11 questions of your choice.
  1. What projects do you like to stitch - big or small? medium because you know I am a contrarian!
  2. What is your favorite fabric? I like linen, and I like it slubby.
  3. How many cross stitching books do you have? Twenty four, but that doesn't include charts. Only bound books that focus only on cross-stitching. (Some have a variety of crafts.)
  4. What is your favorite cross stitching magazine? I've abandoned the magazines. I still buy the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue, but it's more for your entertainment than mine.
  5. What time of the day do you do most of the stitching? I do most of the stitching in the evenings.
  6. Does your  significant other supports your stitching hobby? Yes. 
  7. Do you collect stash or just buying supplies for the current project? I'm a collector!
  8. What is your favorite drink after five? I don't drink much. But I like a Manhattan when I do. (Before five, during the summers, I like me some Mike's Hard Lemonade as I have recently remembered.)
  9. Do you listen to music, audio books or TV while stitching or just to the sounds of nature? I mostly watch tv.
  10. Do you have any live plants in your home? Yes I have at least one in each room--mostly philodendrons but I also have a random tropical sampler, an African violet, three cacti, and some spider plants. So mostly easy stuff, but it keeps the air clean.
  11. What do you like to read? (Adventure, romance, mystery, non-fiction etc.) Books or magazines? I read a lot of mysteries and literary fiction.
My Eleven:
  1. How many cross-stitch patterns do you own? (Insert evil cackle)
  2. What's your ideal stitching retreat? 
  3. Have you been or does it only exist in your head?
  4. What are your favorite stitching tutorials? (Link please!)
  5. What is the smallest count fabric you've ever used?
  6. What's your secret to keeping cool? (No really, what? It's going to be 102 tomorrow.)
  7. Have you found any cute crafts to use up leftover/unused floss from kits or other floss unsuitable for actual stitching?
  8. Starting or finishing? (Not finish-finishing obviously.)
  9. Favorite DMC color?
  10. What other hobbies are undertaken in your household? (roommate, spouse, children, pets...)
  11. Do you ever make those recipes you tear out of magazines and stack in your kitchen?
I'm not going to tag people, but if you answer them, leave a comment. I'll link.

6 comments:

lewmew said...

I;ll play!

How many cross-stitch patterns do you own? (Insert evil cackle) - More than I care to admit - plus needlepoint plus surface work...
What's your ideal stitching retreat? Home
Have you been or does it only exist in your head? It exists!
What are your favorite stitching tutorials? (Link please!) Books
What is the smallest count fabric you've ever used? 32
What's your secret to keeping cool? (No really, what? It's going to be 102 tomorrow.) Sundresses and ice water - and it's going to be 107 here tomorrow. We "cool down: to 92 on Sunday.
Have you found any cute crafts to use up leftover/unused floss from kits or other floss unsuitable for actual stitching? Nope.
Starting or finishing? (Not finish-finishing obviously.) Starting
Favorite DMC color? 844
What other hobbies are undertaken in your household? (roommate, spouse, children, pets...) My husband is making a balsa model airplane and he re-does guitars
Do you ever make those recipes you tear out of magazines and stack in your kitchen Rarely

jhm said...

I answered your 11 and made up my own 11.

http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

Coral said...

Because my brain can't think of 11 questions to ask others I will give you a cool tip only.

Take dish towel, soak in water, wring out, place around neck. This does help.

Erin said...

Answered. Too hot/no time/not creative enough to come up with 11 of my own, though...

http://ftnfk.blogspot.com/2012/07/elevensies.html

Sherry :o) said...

I answered...

http://itsallaboutsherry.blogspot.com

Love your gardens - they are really looking great. Your framing shown a couple posts ago are beautiful. I love the willow tree.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Question 6 - live in a country where our Maximum Daily Temp is usually the same as Australian's Minimum Daily Temp!
I am typing this in the middle of a thunderstorm with waterfalls of rain coming off the roof.