I'm going to put some effort into getting the house clean since I've been abandoned by the dude for Thanksgiving weekend (chess tournie, don't you know). There is nothing I hate more than the excess of shopping on Black Friday. The only excess I appreciate is food on Thanksgiving. (Though I have to say I didn't eat that much yesterday, and we didn't take home any leftovers.)
That leave you with this Meme from Andie
1. What are you stitching at the moment? At the moment I am knitting a scarf. But in the larger meaning of "at the moment" I'd have to say the marquoir.
2. How many finishes have you had this year? Small? Medium? Large? Extra Large? Eight small, 7 medium, and one large for a total of sixteen.
3. Do you think you will finish any more in the next month and a half before the end of the year? No, I am focused on gift making and all my stitched gifts are complete. But after Christmas? Not sure what I am bringing to Florida to work on. Hmmm. Maybe I will.
4. If you could buy one thing for yourself what would it be? (Doesn't have to be stitching) A computer so the dude and I wouldn't fight over this one.
5. What is the best thing you have ever stitched? The Maureen Appleton Floral Afghan I stitched for my mother.
6. Do you like making lists? It's not just what I do, it's who I am.
7. Do you stitch in rotation (how does it work?) or OAAT? I'm definitely not a one-at-a-time stitcher. I get bored too easily. But a rotation implies structure which I simply cannot suggest that I have. It is a hobby, after all.
8. What is the next thing you plan to stitch? I am focused on the Christmas gifts. Except for the 22 projects I've chosen for the 15 project challenge. (Actually, I took eight out and now need to replace a project.) But I will be in Florida after the gift giving and before the new year so I'll have to think of something. The marquoir? Complete another project or two on the WIP list? Yo no se.
9. What is your fave ONS? And why? I've given up the ONS in favor of buying from my local store. To keep it in business.
10. Do you have a stitching chair? I stitch on the couch.
11. Do your children/pets get into your stitching things? The dog has chewed some stitched items--one an old pillow I made and the other was a Cath Kidston cross-stitched pin cushion. She also used to get into the ort jar--I could tell by her thread beard--but that's stopped since I started using the lid. Lately she's been a bit better.
12. Do you participate in any stitching forums? No. I must say I'm not a fan of stitching forums, thus I blog.
Thank you for your delightful comments. I shall get to them anon.