Monday, October 25, 2010

Maggie Monday: The Brownie Edition

This picture shows my grandmother at a fancy restaurant in Vegas. Not sure if this is the restaurant where this story takes place. But she sure does seem happy.

After a few bottles of wine, and no doubt a couple of martoonies, dinner was served. Maggie picked up her steak with her fingers, "what's this," she asks "a brownie?" The dude still cracks up over this story. 

Flash foward a couple of years, everyone--my parents, my cousin's parents, our grandmother-- is gathered at my cousin's house. I picked up some hoagies and cheesesteaks for dinner. My cousin provided brownies for dessert. My cousin puts a piece of brownie in front of my grandmother. "What's this?" she asks. My father, under his breath but loud enough for a couple of us to hear, says, "it sure as hell isn't a filet mignon." The dude, my uncle, and I were doubled over in pain trying not to laugh.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Too funny! I think your grandmother is a happier version of the lady on the Hallmark cards - what's her name - I think maybe it's Marge!

Jenna said...

ROFLOL! This story just cracks me up to no end. I think I would have had to leave the table and run outside to laugh. ;)

Unknown said...

Too, too funny!

Kathy A. said...

Love that Maggie!

Kimmie said...

Have you read Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books? I think your g'ma might be related to Grandma Mazur. LOL

Anna van Schurman said...

Kimmie--My aunt thinks so too!

Alice said...

So funny! Thanks for sharing your grandma.

Caroline said...

- your grandma is pure gold. Most awesome.

Aussie Stitcher said...

That is so funny. When you are with Maggie you must wait in excited anticipation for what might occur next LOL!!!!