Sunday, February 07, 2010
This pattern is a French freebie available here (biscornu indien). I used threads from Sharon B, the ones I won for guessing how long her sampler was. I used the one fourth from the bottom, but I only used one ply since it was too thick for the fabric. (The project referenced in that old post is on the list for the Thing-a-Day, so you may see it yet!)
Trapped inside during the blizzard, I thought I could whip up an even bigger stitched piece for Saturday's Thing-a-Day. Unfortunately, I dicked around a lot: read blogs, played on facebook, took the dog out in the snow, and I didn't spend nearly enough time on this to get it done. It's a freebie (not online) from Crescent Colours called "swirlygirls" and you know how I love me some spirals. Unfortunately there is a big ole mistake in the spiral on the right of the flower and I don't know if the circle will meet, so I need to come around on the left. I am putting this aside however. This is Thing 6, fail.
Anthony! I just searched the Prince website and the don't have this recipe any more. Of course, you get this raggedy picture because I didn't decide it was my "thing" for Thing-a-Day until after we ate it!
I also made a little video of Stella playing in the snow. If you are my facebook friend, you can find it there. So I guess I made a couple of things yesterday. Go me!