Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Stitch in Public

So about four years ago I suggested we get out there and stitch. At last, the EGA is seeing things my way. From the EGA website:

September 3, National Stitch-In-Public Day EGA invites stitchers of all ages and skill levels to join in a day of community crafting that will celebrate the traditions and trends of needlework, right right where they are. There's no cost - just an effort to encourage community among stitchers. Embroiders, quilters, knitters and who [sic] will shine a light on their crafts Sept. 3 by stitching together in public spaces such as coffee shops, parks, malls – anywhere they can be seen. Let EGA Headquarters know about your event so photos, stories and updates can be shared online. Contact Brad at bcape@egausa.org if your chapter or group of stitchers wants to organize an event. Call (502) 589-6956.


I've e-mailed the "Philadelphia" chapter of the EGA (located in Devon, about 24 miles from Phillie) to see what they are up to. If they don't have big plans, I was thinking we southeastern Pennsylvanians should squat at the King of Prussia mall. Who's in?

Tonight, I'll be at the Philadelphia Stitch n Pitch with my Fair and Square project and LHN's Dog House Sampler. But we're supposed to be in for massive thunderstorms. Which will probably happen since the last time I went to Citizen's Bank Park there was a 2.5 hour rain delay...

PS My computer at home won't let us log in for some reason. So I couldn't upload my doll photo. I've poked and prodded my work computer but there's no place for the camera's memory card. So no pictures. Dollhouse Tuesday will have to be postponed.

8 comments:

imnverted said...

National Stitch-In-Public Day is penned on my calendar. Sad thing is I just looked on the site for my local chapter and they say ablsolutely nothing about this event. So I will be off to check a few other groups and especially my lns! Thx for the news

Lelia said...

Take care -- we had the rain, storms, tornado weather last night. Yukky storm. No damage at our home. Lots of damage in other nearby communities.

Cathy said...

No Stitch-n-Pitch for me this year. Bummer. I'll be stitching at home watching the game, though.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog - I've been enjoying your frequent postings, keep it up!

Nic said...

Sounds good to me, but stitching in public is something I do anyway :o) In fact, I did some last night - and showed my incompetence with double pointed needles to the world in the pub ...

Michelle said...

I'm looking into the Dallas EGA, again (no response last time I inquired), but I did join another guild last night!!

Jennifer said...

Count me in. KOP is a relatively short drive for me, so barring anything unforseen, I'd join you for some public stitching.

Rachel V said...

Hi Anna, I live in Abington, PA- I would love to meet up with you at King of Prussia! Thanks for letting us know about this. I stitch in public - I ride the R3 several times a week and usually have a stitching project with me!
here is my email, in case you do organize this event: rachelvendsel at yahoo dot com