Tuesday, June 03, 2008

May 25

I never did get around to showing the photos from my day o' pictures last month. All that spending time with my MIL got in the way.

Up a little later today. We've got nothing in the house for breakfast, so I toasted some stale crusty bread (Don't tell, but I cut it with a very sharp knife.) Then we went outside to work in the garden. The dude and MIL conditioned the soil. My job was to line up the plants. We got them all in.


Then we cleaned ourselves up and went to Chanticleer.

We had dinner at the General Lafayette Inn and Brewery, which was empty because of Memorial Day. I had the Buffalo chicken cheesesteak. From left, MIL (lamb sirloin), the dude (fish and chips), Sissy (crab cake sandwich). Then Sissy took us for a drive to see Erdenheim Farm. We drove by the Morris Arboretum and saw this field of poppies an installation by Gary G. Miller. All in all a very relaxing evening.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. :)

Jennifer said...

So in the dude's estimation, how do the fish and chips rate at the General?

Michelle said...

What a lovely day. Wish I'd been there...it sounds wonderful!