Friday, June 06, 2008

Big Sale in NH

Those who find themselves in or near Center Harbor, NH will find all kinds of excitement at the Keepsake Quilting Summer Tent Sale. (I'm pretty sure there's no Winter Tent Sale.) 70% off fabric! There are some allusions to the fact that it's more than just quilting. Knitters, you know them as Patternworks. Cross-stitchers recognize the name from Keepsake Needle Arts. (But the poor scrappers, Keepsake Paper Crafts is going out of business.) You can read about last year's fun here.

I can't be there this year, maybe next. I'll get my cousin the engineer (yes, she's gone back to work!) to start thinking about how best to cram fabric into a zip-top bag (apparently you can buy as much as you can get in a bag for $5.)

Highlights include a fabric auction, games, and great prices. Because in New England, people are cheap and you have to price things low.

7 comments:

Edgar said...

I can't wait for the challenge.

I think I will settle on "blogiversary" as the spelling I will try to stick to. I know you read the blog pretty regularly and I am often nervous to post as my spelling is so poor - even spell check can't keep me straight. :)

Thanks again for the stitching on the RR!!

edgar

Kendra said...

I wish I lived close enough to hit that tent sale! I get both Keepsake Quilting and Keepsake NeedleArts catalogs and I always find a bunch of things I would order if I had unlimited funds.

mainely stitching said...

Oh man, $5 per bag? I wish I were there!!

Anonymous said...

wish I lived closer!

glamlawlib said...

70% off, now that's what I call a sale!

(Glad your finger is getting better - I was wondering if it is now a Sikh finger as it has a turban?) ;)

staci said...

I'm so jealous! Sounds like a fabulous sale!

Jenna said...

There's nothing wrong with being cheap. I hit Sudberry's garage sale a couple of years ago and scored roughly $400 of stuff for under $100. Paid for the hotel room for the weekend. Well worth the trip! ;)