- A Wedding Sampler Carolina Cross Stitch, for my cousin. The first one to get married in the family.
- Christmas Angels Laurie Craven—either in the America's Best Cross Stitch or Better Homes and Garden's Seasons in Cross stitch; they're packed up in the basement. My mom keeps this up year round. Can you see that big stripe of 504 that got stitched in the hill that called for 503? That's when I learned the value of good lighting! But I left it in because only god is perfect. Or something.
- April: Peony baskets, Quilts in a Day or Two. Stitched for my mother's birthday when I was poor and living in NYC.
- April: Double Wedding Ring, Quilts in a Day or Two, Canterbury Designs. Stitched for my parents’ 25th anniversary party. A horrible boyfriend drove me up to NH for their party. I kept putting off writing my toast and at the last minute I stood up and said, "To a couple who has been together through fat and thin," a reference to the fluctuating weight of both parents. Everyone laughed so I was off the hook.
- Christmas 1991: Irish Chain Quilt, Quilts in a Day or Two. A gift for my paternal grandmother.
- Christmas 1991: Grandmother’s Fan, Quilts in a Day or Two. A gift for my grandmother you all know and adore. She was going to throw it away when she moved from her trailer to an apartment, so my aunt rescued it.
- Christmas 1991: Bear Sweater, Leisure Arts Book One—my first waste canvas project. I used 14 ct instead of 8ct—the design was small and stiff, but it went through the washer okay!
I loved that book Quilts in a Day or Two. I wonder what happened to it...that may have been sent on my first disastrous round robin. Take a lesson, people.