- A Free Heart, Kandace Thomas wedding sampler that appeared in JCS. The first of many times (this is my go-to wedding sampler), for my father’s cousin.
- I Love Dogs, Jeremiah Junction I stitched the Airedale for my aunt on a sweatshirt. This time I used the appropriate sized waste canvas!
- April 1994: Anniversary sampler “Leisure Arts Contest Favorites” Cindy McVey. Stitched for my aunt and uncle’s 25th wedding anniversary which had been the November before. We went on a cruise in March to celebrate. I would have finished in time for the celebratory cruise, but I ran out of one of the floss colors on the ship! They don't sell DMC on ships, did you know that?
- Summer 1994: To Everything a Season, from a magazine. I stitched this for one of my father's sisters for Christmas when I picked her name. She loved it, but that was back when she spoke to my father. Who knows what fate has befallen it? Also, I bought a pattern called Aunt Ina to stitch for her because how many people in the world have an aunt called Ina? Want to trade?
- July 1994: Bunny Bear birth sampler, Alma Lynne. Stitched for a cousin's daughter (Ina's granddaughter). I did a pretty nice job finishing this too. Sadly, I never made one for her sister. She was born when I was actually working on the dissertation.
I'll see about scanning some of the photos. I only have pictures of the last three. But tonight I have sewing class. I'm making a quilted messenger bag.