Patti tagged me and it works out that she wants me to make a list! Perfect for day one of NaBloPoMo March.
Here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you
2. Post the Rules on your blog
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog
4. Tag 7 people and link them
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged
Here are the facts:
1. I know a rocket scientist and a brain surgeon. This makes for lots of opportunities for the Simpson’s joke, “It’s not rocket science; it’s brain surgery.”
2. The dude and I sometimes speak an English-American-Scots dialect all our own. Sometimes we can’t tell what idioms other people don’t understand because we’ve forgotten which are English and which are American. (You can always tell the Scots.)
3. I prefer beverages at room temperature.
4. After a pick up game between the cheerleaders and the Pop Warner team the football coach told his wife, the cheerleading coach, that he wanted me on the team. (I had straight armed one of the star players.)
5. I learned how to shoot a gun before I learned to ride a bicycle. (This is probably only interesting to people who didn't grow up in the country.)
6. I don't understand people who eat clam strips. That is just so wrong.
7. A woman from Tennessee once told me that, for a northerner, I had a surprising appreciation of southern delicacies.
I'm not tagging anyone. If you want to do it, go for it.