Friday, October 05, 2007

Applique II

These are the fabrics I brought with me to applique class Monday night. I managed to get everything cut out and do a tiny bit of sewing.

I actually picked (most of) them out right when I got back from the first class. I gathered all the supplies I needed that I had hanging around the house. Then as soon as I had a spare moment, I went and got what I didn't have. Do you think I'm excited?

I'm sorry to disappoint Lee by using the machine, but the point of taking the class was to become a better sewer, which is on my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days (#40). There are a few absolute beginners in the class--never taken their machines out of the box. I have it all over them: I can actually thread a machine.

It's a 10 week class. I think you're going to be sick of me by the time we're done!

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Oh, there are people who can't thread their machines? Yay, I actually know more than someone! Unheard of!!

Melissa said...

Love hearing about the quilting! Put in the group of people that struggle with threading the sewing machine. I do everything I can by hand. One day I will get over my fear of the sewing machine. Can't wait to see your progress.