Friday, October 05, 2007

Applique II

These are the fabrics I brought with me to applique class Monday night. I managed to get everything cut out and do a tiny bit of sewing.

I actually picked (most of) them out right when I got back from the first class. I gathered all the supplies I needed that I had hanging around the house. Then as soon as I had a spare moment, I went and got what I didn't have. Do you think I'm excited?

I'm sorry to disappoint Lee by using the machine, but the point of taking the class was to become a better sewer, which is on my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days (#40). There are a few absolute beginners in the class--never taken their machines out of the box. I have it all over them: I can actually thread a machine.

It's a 10 week class. I think you're going to be sick of me by the time we're done!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, there are people who can't thread their machines? Yay, I actually know more than someone! Unheard of!!

Melissa said...

Love hearing about the quilting! Put in the group of people that struggle with threading the sewing machine. I do everything I can by hand. One day I will get over my fear of the sewing machine. Can't wait to see your progress.

Lee said...

You? Disappoint me? No way. Machine applique done well is awesome. Not only that, but it involves sewing curvy things with a sewing machine, and that frankly scares the pants off me. Go for it!