Friday, August 17, 2007

Upping the Old Lady Count

The cross-stitch, she is for the old ladies? In writing on the Huffington Post about sherry, Molly Laas says:
But I don't keep a bottle stuffed between the sofa cushions, and my other hobbies don't include cross stitch, Wheel of Fortune and going to bed at 7:30 p.m. I don't have snow white, poofy hair, but I still like sherry. It's a crying shame that sherry, the pride of AndalucĂ­a, gets maligned as a tipple for tipsy old ladies. It's time to change all that.
Um, yeah, drunk stitching that works.

But you know what, my MIL drinks sherry and doesn't stitch. So clearly, sherry for old ladies; stitching, not. Also the dude drinks sherry. So very confusing.

Old Lady References: 3

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I stitch drunk about once a month...I'm always very sorry the next day when the frogging starts.

mainely stitching said...

We gave up even trying to use sherry for cooking - that lingering flavor... ugh. We do enjoy good port in the winter months, though. ;)

Donna said...

A good Spanish sherry - all nutty and warm and such a beautiful color. Yum.

But drunk stitching! Oh, I'd regret that for sure!