Wednesday, December 14, 2005

SBQ: Blogging Stitchers

What do you prefer to read in stitching blogs? (Progress, tips, family life, experiences, etc.) How much do you think you are influenced by other stitching bloggers?
When it comes to stitching blogs, I totally shut down if there is too much "family life" and not enough stitching. OTOH, I get bored with progress-report-only blogs. I often feel like mine is too much of the latter, and then I go out and try to find stories about stitching to comment on. I like blogs where people think about what they're doing, not just report on what they're doing. It's a difficult standard to live up to, I even have trouble doing it myself, so I do cut people slack. Lots of it. Even on the grammar thing, believe it or not.

I think I'm influenced by others insofar as visiting blogs can be like a virtual shopping trip--I get to see what other people are working on. Still, I haven't fallen into the dyed fabric craze that seems to have infected a lot of bloggers lately. No, I'd say my tastes haven't changed because of blogs, just my access to good pictures. In fact, do too many projects that I can't respect, and I probably won't read your blog all that often. I do feel that I get motivation from other stitchers. I was motivated to focus on finishing more of my UFOs this year and last. Next year, I hope to focus on finishing period. It would be nice to have my pieces on display in the new joint.

1 comment:

Running Kiwi said...

Hmmmm ... wonder if mine meets the standards! LOL

I do enjoy your blog - I admire people who say what they think, I think it's a great personality trait to have :)