Monday, January 31, 2005

The Great Recycling

Wow. I would have pitched all those magazine, and instead I got over $150 for them on e-bay. Thank you, amy! As for the rest of the stuff, sales were disappointing. Even though I advertised our yard sale on several local craft sites, crafters didn't come. I had loads of x-s patterns and general craft supplies. I did sell all the hardcover craft books. There were 3 boxes of those. Towards the end, we gave a woman a real deal on them and she took them all. Or rather, we took them all over to her. We're going to use the funds to replace some of the furniture we got rid of, and it looks like we won't have to buy used because we did so well between e-bay and the yard sale.

I've started prepping my crafts for cross-country travel (we're driving the car). The dude hates to be in the car and not drive, so I will have to knit and stitch. I have a series of bags I plan to knit. I'm planning a "Kate Spade-y" booga bag for my sister, a handpainted yarn booga for me and a purple Sophie for me on the ride. The KS Booga is on the needles. It's going to be roughly 1/3 brown, 1/3 brown and pink stripe and 1/3 pink with pink handles.

That's all for now. Today is my last day at the job and my free internet connection is one of the things I will lose. I will be back online in mid-February. Stitch lots!

No comments: