Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Where are You Going? Where Have You Been?

I stole the title from the widely-anthologized Joyce Carol Oates story, even though it's not one of my favorites. Not bad, but she's done much better. I think schools use it to scare girls about strangers. But I digress. I use the title today because I am on the verge, and I think it's a good title for being on the verge.

I haven't been stitching as much as I should have been. Every spare and waking moment has been focused on finishing the alumnae club website, and it's done. Of course, there are glitches to work out, but I am done worrying about it for now. (If you've visited recently and the page looks the same--has a watercolor purple owl in the corner--hit reload.)

Tomorrow, I'm getting on a plane. I'm going to Philadelphia where I will frolick with children and generally be in the warm bosom of family, although not my nuclear one. (Please note, I pronounce it new-clee-ur, as it should be.) I will sit. I will stitch. I will breathe the air and be bored. Ah, good times.

No comments: