Friday, April 09, 2004

When it Rains...

When I opened up my checked luggage, I noticed immediately that the digital camera was missing. But maybe, just maybe, I did forget to pack it. So I called my mother who did not respond until today. The camera--with about 40 pictures from my mother's by now infamous 60th birthday party--is gone. Before you get all righteous about how I shouldn't pack valuables, I pack the digital camera all the time--I guess it's just law of averages that it walked away this time. Of course, because I've gotten so into scrapbooking, I made sure to take a picture of every guest with the birthday queen. I don't even care if I get the camera back; I just want the damn pictures. Anyway, they're doing a pilferage investigation. This was the worst trip...ever. Okay, there was that time I tore 11 ligaments in my ankle when I was in Poland, but as far as coming home with less than you left with! I may never leave the house again.

I have to say in my defense, I am not this flakey. But right now, it doesn't look good for my reputation.

I will have to take a trip to the not-so-local needlework store so I can replace the ecru and two ugly yellow flower threads that are in the stitching case so I can finish the hydrangea. Because I can't look at the hydrangea without feeling ill--and because I am missing 3/4 of the floss needed for completion--I'm focusing on backstitching the narcissus, jasmine, sweet pea, and peony. I got about halfway through the sweet pea in just a couple of hours of stitching last night. I think I should make some real headway this weekend in completing the backstitching.