Monday, November 20, 2017

Five Pinterest Crafts I Hope to Do This Weekend

I'm so looking forward to the Thanksgiving Break. I know...I had a three day week last week, but when all you can do is sit on the couch while you hack up a lung...not the same. This is what I hope to accomplish/start.

Now don't rush out and buy up all the vintage Santa head mugs! I saw this cute idea in Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Crafts. (The one with a felted snowman in a bell jar on the cover; I tried to find the issue on their website for you but, why would they sell that on their site? Here, get it on Zinio.) I may not do much more than start to gather the items. Depends on how gung-ho I am to get out to the vintage shops in the inevitable traffic.


On Friday, I plan to make cards. Two of the ideas I have are pictured here. The first example is the non-specific holiday card for my friends who do not necessarily celebrate Christmas. I am going to use a cool blue instead of the spring-y gold to make something generally winter-y. (Find this card at Magical Scrapworld.)

I'm also going to use Warm Wishes stamp set that I love to make this sled. The original idea came from Stampin by the Sea. I might have to wait to finish these until I go to my Friday night stamping party again. I can't remember if I have the embossing folder for the background or not. (You know you have too many crafting supplies when...)







On Saturday, I plan to shop small at the Bead Garden. I am thinking about making two necklaces, pictured here. Tassels are all the rage, and I know how to make them! (Finally, a reason for that useless skill!) The pink and green necklace would be a perfect gift for a certain aunt. I would link you to the origin, but it is a piece that was sold on etsy, by a seller that didn't make sure a permanent link went back to their store. The item is unavailable--that's all I know.

Finally, that same aunt would love this daisy necklace. I think it will also be pleasingly complicated--not too easy, but not too difficult either. You can find the instructions for this piece at Pandahall Tutorial.

What are your plans?

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I love the sled card you highlighted along with the tassel necklace. What type of embossing "machine" to you use? There is a seller on Etsy who makes tassel bracelets using wood beads. My plans include stitching, wrapping, and shopping locally.

Beth said...

Lots of fun ideas! I'm employed for seasonal work, so I 'get to' experience Black Friday as an employee. Yikes!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice craft ideas. I hope they are Pinterest successes and not Fails!
My plans for next weekend involve stitching and not being ill like last weekend.

jhm said...

I love the vintage mugs. I have one from my childhood or my parents - not sure which. Never know quite what to do with him every year. Looking forward to seeing what you do.

Jackie