Saturday, November 26, 2016

Can Stitching Cause Blindness?

If I wasn't squinting after Thursday's adventure in over one stitching, I certainly was yesterday! This is Maureen Appleton's Merry and Bright, and it is stitched over one on 40 count fabric. (See the scale, and where I was last time, here.) I have nearly finished one color of the border. And yes, it's true, I had 1 1/2" left to stitch and I couldn't make myself do it. That's sixty itsy bitsy teeny tiny stitches, and I was done.

If I decide that I need an over one project in my 2017 rotation, I think I should start with this one because...40 count. Then I can work my way to the 32, and then the 28.

Today I picked up Mary's Stocking to give my eyes a break!


10 comments:

Margaret said...

I love this piece! but the over one on 40ct always freaked me out. Now I know I can't do it -- my eyes are not young! It's looking good!

Pamela said...

I like Maureen Appleton's charts, but haven't done one lately. My eyes are aging fast, so if I'm going to do another, I should probably do it soon!

Kristen said...

Over 1 on 40 is painful! It's a really cute piece, though. You'll really appreciate it once it's done.

KimM said...

Very pretty. Once you finish this, you really must try 72ct silk gauze. It will make you appreciate 40ct - it will seem HUGE! HA! 😀
xxx

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty piece, but wow on the 40 count! I can only imagine.

Linda said...

looks great Nikki. Stitching on 40ct over 2 is crazy. Stitching on 40ct over 1 is insanity. I sometimes have a hard time with 14ct.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Haha, laughing at Kim's suggestion. You know my solution already, just watch out for the nose-stabs.

Bea said...

I don't know about blindness, but cross-eyedness for sure. I do like the colours.

Beth said...

Yikes I cannot fathom stitching over 1 on 40 count!

Julie said...

Over 1 on 40ct .... I admire you that that, it does look nice.