Friday, June 10, 2016

Oh, Hello! Were You Looking for Me?

Sorry I've been out of touch. The dude and I were across the pond visiting the fam. In the flying, train riding, and driving about, I worked on a few projects.

I finished my May small. Unfortunately I'm blogging it too late to join in the Smalls SAL. This is Blackbird's Buttons and Pins Reward of Merit. I used the called-for colors and a random piece of fabric. I made one change; I didn't use chain stitch for the urn. (My chain stitches are kind of crap.) I just need to add the buttons in the blank spot.
 I worked a little on last year's anniversary sampler, "Our Souls" by Midsummer Night Designs using the called for floss and a random piece of fabric. You can see how it looked before here.

Then, I worked on this year's anniversary sampler, "The Thread that Binds" by Mosey n Me. I am using the called for materials. You can see how it looked before here. All that's left is a lot of white on white stitching (upper right) and that snakey bit on the bottom.

Finally I worked a bit on the Deruta Biscornu by Giulia Punti Antichi. I last showed it to you when I started it in January of 2014. Do forgive me that I haven't kept you up to date on this one. When I took this out, the three borders had been finished and the first line of half circles were in. (Let's face it, they kind of look like boobs) I thought I'd continue with the dark terra cotta so I could fill in on the plane ride home, but I went with filling in the roses on the 2015 sampler instead. 


I'm way behind in reading, commenting, and indeed blogging. But I'm back, baby, and better than ever!

14 comments:

Needle Nicely said...

Glad to have you back! You did accomplish a lot. I never manage to stitch as much as I think I will when I travel.

Robin in Virginia said...

I think you managed to get a bit accomplished on your trip. Enjoy your weekend! And welcome back!

Bea said...

Missed you! Glad to see you posting again. You did a good bit of stitching and all the pieces are lovely. Excellent use of your travel time!

Robin said...

Hope you had a great trip. Glad to know you were on vacation and not under the weather or something.....

Pamela said...

Great to see all you have been working on!

KimM said...

Welcome back! And what great stitching while you were on the road. Hope you had a good time.
xxx

Melody said...

Welcome back! Nice to see your stitching progress!

Linda said...

Glad your back Nikki. Great progress on all of your projects.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome back, hope you didn't do too much crime while you were here with your burner phones!

Great progress on your WIPs, I like both your anniversary samplers, lovely sentiments.

You've probably not seen my exploding book post yet, thanks for the inspiration!

Julie said...

Hope you had a lovely trip. Nice stitching progress.

Beth said...

Hope you enjoyed your vacay across the pond. You managed to get in a fair amount of stitching!

Needle Nicely said...

Now I want to know more about JO's exploding book blog!

Unknown said...

Love your projects. Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is getting back to normal for you. Did you get the biscornu at camp? I remember it. Why don't you consider come back out for camp sometime? Bring our mutual friend, Best Pal, not the dude.
dd