Saturday, February 13, 2016

Our Souls, Part II

The Majestic Rooster should be arriving in Alaska today. I know some of you will be horrified by this, and others will think, "I knew her when." But it is a relief, honestly. I'm happy to permanently scratch it off my list. Kristen (craftrat) asked for the pattern but she is that odd duck "the no reply" commenter. (C'mon people, be all in!) Kristen, there's a line behind you so if you want it I have to know where to send it--and soon!

I did keep Watercolor Geraniums, however, because I think my MIL might like it. Someday I'll work that into the rotation...

I've completed another round on Our Souls. You can see how it looked after the last rotation here. I was going to start the initials and wedding date but the designer didn't include an alphabet. I guess I'm going to have to find something suitable. (Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong for a designer not to slap together an alphabet for this sort of thing?)

14 comments:

Kalu V said...

great progress ! and i do think that if the design its meant to add personal details it should include an alphabet

Margaret said...

Love this one -- so pretty! Hope the artist makes good use of your rooster. Do you at least get to have a picture of how she used what you sent???

Susan said...

Great progress. You're not the only one frustrated by designers who don't include charts for personalization!

Brigitte said...

Nice progress on your sampler. It's a pity that there's no alphabet included. I have had this several times, too and it's a bit frustrating when I have to figure out an alphabet myself. I hope you find something suitable.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Rooster had Flown the Coop. I repeat The Rooster has Flown the Coop.

I'm actually quite excited to see what the artist makes of him.

I have plenty of alphabet charts in various books but I do think if the designer has used a specific font for lettering they should include the whole alphabet for personalisation.

Hazel said...

You are too funny! I love a good catch up on your posts. You always make me go looking. Funky chicken but yeah we all have pieces like that. Love the souls piece. X

Margaret said...

Yes! I too, hate it when there is no alphabet to personalise the piece. Good luck on finishing the geraniums.

Bea said...

Excellent progress! And I think the alphabet should be included as well - what's the point of having the possibility for personalization if you don't?

Robin in Virginia said...

Great progress on Our Souls! I believe an alphabet and/or numbers should be included if a design needs to be personalized. Perhaps if you contact the designer, they may send you one. Glad the Rooster has flown the coop!

doris said...

You really sent the rooster off? Good work! I'm inspired to do the same. Next time I got through all of those homeless items, certainly I can find something to send away.

Don't be too hard on Kristen. I just found out that emails that had been sent as replies to my comments weren't reaching me. I think it had something to do with that ancient aol account, so a new one had to take over. She may have the same problem and not know yet.

Beth said...

I admire your strength in knowing what you will or will not come back to finishing in the future as regards stitching.

Julie said...

Great progress, it does look so lovely.

Unknown said...

I agree. Yes the designer should send an alphabet. I just love this quote and your project is beautiful.

Beth W said...

I agree with you completely. Font-matching, designers. Get on it.