Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fait Accompli

Small House
Brown House Sampler
JCS April 2003
DMC threads; random fabric
I completed the anniversary sampler. I'm quite pleased with how it came out and the dude is quite happy with the design as well as the sentiment.

Our trip to Maryland was fabulous. The place we stayed was beautiful and relaaaaaaxing. We spent a good deal of time reading while overlooking the Chesapeake, sitting in the Adirondack chairs watching the sun set, swinging in the hammock. Ah. So relaxing. We did get into Chestertown to take in some history and examine the architecture. We had a wonderful dinner at the Harbor House. Just a great time. I shouldn't have been so skeptical. Anyway, I think the dude needs more of my attention.

11 comments:

Mouse said...

awww it looks lovely :) and glad you had a good time too :) love mouse xxxx

xeyedmary said...

Yay for you! Happy Anniversary!

Catherine said...

Sounds relaxing!!

valerie said...

Love the anniversary sampler! So sweet. Your getaway sounds nice. I've never been to MD but adirondacks and hammocks are the epitome of relaxation!

Chris said...

Beautiful finish!
It sounds like you had a perfect getaway.

Siobhán said...

Fantastic finish! Congratulations.

The place you stayed in MD looks amazing! I love the Eastern Shore! St. Michaels is one of my favorite places--I love all those little towns.

staci said...

Congrats on the sweet finish and a very Happy Anniversary to you both!

Katrina said...

What a sweet finish and happy belated anniversary. Sounds like such a nice weekend too.

Alice said...

It turned out beautifully! Glad the getaway was good.

Jenna said...

Does the glaring typo on their website drive you nuts? ;) The sampler is just gorgeous; you did a beautiful job, as always. I am really glad that you enjoyed your trip. It sounds like just my kind of time away - reading by the water and checking out some architecture.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the sampler, it turned out lovely.