Cheryl asked that I post pictures of the prototypes of my Christmas cards. So here they are. Right now there are five, but I might push myself to six. It will depend on whether time runs out or not. FWIW, my sixth card would be Christmas bulbs xeroxed onto acetate and then the wrong side filled in with glitter. I have stamped the oringal to xerox, and I will have to see what it would cost, surely cheaper than the $23 to buy 100 sheets of acetate at Staples (but I only need 5!). Would I have time for all that painting with glitter???
I got the elements completed for three, almost four, of the cards below. All that's left is the gluing!
This card is copied from either Stamper's Sampler or Take Ten. In fact, it sent me off in search of my local Stampin' Up supplier (yay, Amy!) because I really liked the tall tree (Nice and Narrow). I love the retro color combinations with brown: pink and brown here, and aqua and brown for my new bedroom. I added the versamark stars on this one. It needed something.
Stamp tree in brown on white cardstock (this is cocoa, but later ones are stamped with a darker brown ink). Color in ornaments and star. Smear edges of cardstock with brown ink. Layer to pink polka dot paper (again smeared with brown ink). Stamp versamark stars on one half of the card. Mount stamped image to card.
I had originally thought I might add a round metal rimmed tag with a sentiment and sprinkled with pink glitter. I also thought I'd like to make the ornaments glittery. But I tried to do this all with stuff on hand, and my sister is currently on the west coast, in possession of the glitter. Maybe next year...