Thursday, November 24, 2005

American Thanksgiving

Mind Hump Thanksgiving Meme

1. What are you thankful for this year? I am thankful that my cousin and her husband allowed us to live with them for nine months. I am thankful that we bought a house and won't have to impose on them any more. I am thankful that I got to spend so much time with my nieces, who are adorable. I am thankful that my sister has been transferred and will be in Philadelphia in the new year.
2. Does your family eat turkey or ham for the Thanksgiving meal? Or do you do both? Or do you do something completely different? Turkey.
3. What's your favorite Thanksgiving side? Stuffing. We use the recipe for triple corn stuffing from the Black Family Reunion Cookbook. It begins, "Fry half a pound of bacon, reserving the drippings." Yum!
4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? Cranberry crisp. With a side of vanilla ice cream.
5. Are you going out shopping on Black Friday? If not, what are you going do on the day after Thanksgiving? Believe it or not, I'm not in retail but I have to work. Usually in academia, you get a lot of extra holidays because it's cheaper to shut down the university than to pay workers not to work. Unfortunately, my university is too tied to the hospital to give us free days. I have no vacation earned yet. The giant sale at Joanns that starts at 6:00 (hey, I have to get up then anyway...) does have me intrigued! Oh, and the whole famn damily is planning to come to Philly to have lunch with me at Reading Terminal Market. Aren't they cute?

No comments: