Monday, December 22, 2003

Happy Holidays

Wow. I haven't blogged in so long, and I have been worse about the stitching. I'm trying to get everything set for Christmas. It's December 22 and I still have to: finish my sister's shawl (fortunately, it's on big needles with a simple pattern, and I've just got one more ball of yarn whether it's long enough or not!); finish my cousin's scarf (this goes quickly when I actually do it, though not as quickly as the shawl); knit ears for a (dog) hat for my neice. Oh, and I just found out a relative I hadn't expected will be at Christmas so I need to buy something. I'll see what the airport has. I'm not kidding about that.

We celebrate on Christmas Eve, so everyone's got to be accounted for by then. You can see I have more than enough knitting for a transcontinental plane ride on Orange Alert.

I have been sidetracked from both the knitting and the afghan (don't even talk to me about that!) from the moment I put up my tree. I decided on an all-Santa motif. I took out the 20 Sandra Cozzolino santas I have stitched and mixed in a number of purchased Santa ornaments. But looking at all those stitched Santas made me want to stitch more of them. So I did. Even though I have SO MUCH TO DO before Wednesday. Wish me luck.

And have a Happy Channukah, Warm Solstice, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and a New Year full of fun stitching. Happy 2004. I'll be back then.

No comments: