Sunday, April 26, 2020

No Flying Away, Stay Home

I have another finish! This is Rabbit Works, Ladybug, Ladybug. It's an old pattern--the year the designer charted on the pattern is '98--that I bought on a road trip I took with Best Pal. We went up to Syracuse so I could do research for my dissertation in the Joyce Carol Oates archive. We visited all the needlework stores we could find in the area. I picked up the pattern and WDW ladybug thread in Endicott, NY. Funny the things you remember.

I started this in 2015 for Debbie's Crazy Ultimate January Challenge. I may finish all those starts yet!

It's stitched with the called for WDW colors, though I did eliminate one ladybug that was perched on the "g" of ladybug. It was too hard to read on the chart; I think it was charted over one on an over two grid.




4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Ladybug piece is looking good, Nikki! That floss is just a lovely color. Happy Monday!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This piece definitely fits the Oldest WIP discussion for WIPocalypse this month.
Love the thread that you used too.

Julie said...

Fun design, one I have not seen before.

Astrids dragon said...

Such a sweet stitch. We had plenty of them at our house this spring, I guess we were their home!