Saturday, November 02, 2019

This May Have Been a Big Mistake

I knew this when I started: my home computer is a mess, old and slowing and the "n" and "b" keys don't work. I will just have to do my best. (I type along and then go back and insert the missing letters using the onscreen keyboard. Loads of fun!)

I'm so glad some of you are still out there! I am sorry to have caused you concern. As I briefly mentioned in my previous posts, my boss left and I was eventually promoted to director last November. After having done two jobs for nearly a year, I hired an associate director in March. It was a very tiring 10 months.

Reader, I adore him! 😍 He was only on board for three weeks before he saw a need, got himself the training he needed to correct it, created a new thing, and shared it with donors. I don't think he had even met everyone in the division at that point! He's making my job easier and making me look good!

In May, Stella needed CCL surgery. Although the stifle got fixed, the medications caused kidney failure and we lost her in June. Yesterday, she would have turned 11. It's been a difficult time. 
My niece, the one in art school, made us this painting as a memorial.

In August, we headed across the pond to celebrate my mother-in-law's 80th birthday. We went hiking in the Lake District. What? Don't all 80 year olds celebrate with a little fells running? (She didn't actually run, but she seriously hiked!)

Last month, the dude became a citizen of this mediocre nation. This will make him harder to deport.
Registering to vote, the most important part!

I think that catches you up with the major goings on in the past year. Over the next few weeks, I'll focus on the minor happenings. Because, frankly, there's been precious little stitching.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

My heart goes out to you after reading the sad news of Stella's passing, my sincerest condolences, she will be forever with you in your heart

Susan said...

Glad to see you back! I was just thinking that I hadn’t seen you post on Instagram lately.

I am so sorry to hear about Stella. She looked like she was a sweetheart.

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations to the Dude on his citizenship and then registering to vote! Go Dude! Nikki, I am so sorry to read of Stella's passing. I love the piece of artwork that that your niece created in her memory. Great news on hiring an associate director and one that is a go getter! Enjoy your coming week.

jhm said...

Sounds like a year of ups and downs. Sorry about doing 2 jobs and Stella. Hang in there.
Congrats to the Dude. You two can regard it as joining the former colony.

I hope we hear more from you. I've always loved your blog and your wit.

Take care of yourselves.

Julie said...

Sad news you lost your furry friend (hugs) Great news about the promotion and help you have now.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a beautiful piece of artwork. I think I've kept up with most of your news on FB.

I typed with a keyboard missing the letter w for some time. I just used two v next to each other!

Stitchinowl said...

I am so sorry to hear about Stella.

Carolyn