Monday, November 04, 2019

Moving More

I think I mentioned that my word for 2019 is "move." Last spring, I took water aerobics and an aerobics class at my community's adult school to help with that. This semester I'm signed up for yoga, tap dancing, and water aerobics. Part of this regular movement--especially yoga--has made me more aware of how my muscles and joints feel.

Weird fact, my sister and I both have arthritis in our big toes. She just had surgery to put some kind of jelly into her joint. Even though my joints are older, I haven't had quite the same pain she has. And since I've been tapping, I've actually had less pain in my toes. A bit counter-intuitive since you spend a lot of time on your toes in tap. (Also, I am ALL IN on the tap dancing thing. The dude even got me a portable tap floor for my birthday so I can practice at home!)

All this to say that Martha Stewart published an article recently to help you knit without pain. I figured all kinds of stitchers can use this advice. Except maybe lapsed stitchers like me.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad to hear the toe tapping is helping! Very cool on the portable tap floor; I didn't know they made them, but I can't say I am surprised.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad to hear that you are keeping active! Parts of me are starting to creak more.