Sunday, July 15, 2018

Anniversary Presents


Forty-seven Hearts is complete! This is last year's anniversary sampler that I finished on this year's anniversary (yesterday).

By Silver Creek Samplers
Stitched with the the called-for threads
on Vintage Country Mocha 32-count

I finished it on the way to my niece's high school graduation party. This one. The one I wrote about here. Well, that post was prescient because she is heading to Temple to go to Tyler School of Art! We're so proud of her, and we know she will accomplish great things!

We adore her so much, that we were happy to put off our anniversary dinner until next weekend and instead eat chicken nuggets and pizza. (I guess her little girl self got to choose the menu!)

I signed this one not with the year, but with the anniversary number. I thought that was a better way to sign it than to admit I've dropped the ball on this project. Maybe we'll be married long enough to forget this little hiccup! 😉

The good news is I started this years sampler yesterday as well. It's Heart in Hand Needleart's 2018 Collectors Heart. I probably shouldn't say this, but it's 60 x 60 so it shouldn't take that long. (I've cursed myself, haven't I?)

9 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish Nikki. Love this years choice.

Linda

Pamela said...

Gorgeous finish. What a sweet tradition.

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy anniversary wishes to you and the Dude! I love your anniversary finish; I need to make the time to stitch it. I really like the design you have selected for this year's sampler. Best wishes to your niece on the next leg in her life's journey.

Margaret said...

I love this tradition you have. Did The Dude pen you a sonnet this year?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a great finish and it only took a year, that's pretty good!

Astrids dragon said...

Great finish for your anniversary, it's lovely!
Have fun starting your next one.

Beth said...

What a lovely stitch - I hope sometime you post a photo of your entire collection of framed anniversary stitches.

Cathy said...

Beautiful finish! I just love this and may have to add it to my wish list. Yours is one of the few blogs I can comment on! Yay!

ctnbee said...

It looks amazing! Finishing first class! I like!