Thursday, March 22, 2018

Sew Cute

I was so productive during that snow day! I did three loads of laundry (and folded and put away!); read three chapters of a book; walked the dog; made lunch and dinner; blogged; and made this pumpkin pincushion!

Because I did not have the called-for templates I went around my house measuring circular things looking for a 6" circle. I cut the pieces and sewed them back together. And then I took this picture because look how those points meet! They're perfect! And then you weren't going to be able to tell. {Sad trombone.} No, instead what you can tell about this, is that I sew a frickin' lumpy circle. LOL
I had a felt leaf, so I didn't have to make one, but it seemed naked so I did a bit of embroidery. The button is my conceptual stem.

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Anna: This is lovely, I really like the felt leaf added.

Blessings
Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on your pumpkin pincushion! Yay on the points meeting up!

Linda said...

The pumpkin looks great.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your points are perfect! The finished item is pretty good too.

Daffycat said...

Ha! Glad you snapped a photo of those points before you covered them up with leaves and buttons! This pumpkin is very cute.