Thursday, March 22, 2018

Owl Are You Doing?

My alma mater's mascot is the owl. You can see part of the collection I keep at work behind me. (This picture with the #FlatAthena was for the alumnae association. I went with one with less cross-eye and more Athena.)

So the recent owl craze has been a boon to me. And I've loved every fabric owl with the folded beak I have ever seen. I finally made one using these directions: folded owl.

The pattern says it can be manipulated, but whether it was my incompetence or a problem with the pattern, I couldn't change the pattern size. (I guess I could have blown it up on the copier, but I have no spatial sense.) My owl came our pretty small. About 1.5". I think about 100% bigger would have been good.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

So cute!

There are some sweet owl cross stitch patterns in Christiane Dahlbeck's newish book, Naturetone. Her books are on the pricey side but worth the money IMO.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your owl is adorable.

Linda said...

The owl is adorable Nikki.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Tiny is cute!

Beth said...

He is so cute and an owl is a wonderful mascot. My pair of great horned owls are talking back and forth last night.