Thursday, February 15, 2018

Goodbye, Linda

You can see my life is filled with good intentions. This was my plan from the beginning, and you can see that I have failed you, (I should be on blog post #5.)

But I'm here with the sad news that Lizzie * Kate is retiring. Below is a little retrospective of the pieces I've stitched of hers. I know there are some I am missing. I've always loved her simple stuff. Fortunately, we can start hoarding.

The Ho Ho Ho (Santa) is one I stitched at the beginning of my stitching career, at the point where I started going to specialty stores for patterns and supplies. It is pattern #22. (She's going out on #190.) Have I been stitching so long? As long as a career? 


7 comments:

Julie said...

Pretty collection you've stitched up from Lizzie Kate. We are all going to miss her designs.

Robin in Virginia said...

I have stitched some of the ones you featured in your LK collage. I hope you have a fabulous weekend filled with a bit of stitching.

Linda said...

All lovely pieces Nikki.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely collage.

I always say that I am not really a L*K person but every design I have stitched I really like so maybe I am after all!

Here are my L*K finishes - http://comehappydancewithme.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Lizzie*Kate

Cole said...

Lovely pieces! I'm excited for her new venture, but it definitely will leave a void in the stitching world.

Daffycat said...

It is such a sad retirement for the stitchers but best for Linda, I’m sure. She will be missed!

Beth said...

Will miss Linda's designs - I confess to having lots and lots in my stash that I've not yet stitched, so I'm probably pretty good for 5 years yet!