Saturday, November 18, 2017

So Square


Last night I went stamping so I have no stitching to show. I don't have cards either because I helped my friend stamp cards that she uses as a fundraiser to help some of the kids in her school take their senior trip to Disney World. I think it's wonderful that she's been a high school guidance counselor for so long and still cares so much about the students. Every year she stamps cards to sell to raise money to help low income (or severely neglected) kids take the trip. (The stories she tells about the abuse and neglect some of her students face are heartbreaking.) So I stamped a dozen cards and wrote a check. I hope all the seniors can enjoy the trip.
Instead, Amy Bruecken's St. Nick's Noel stitched with the called-for colors on WDW guacamole. The title draws attention to the three green squares I stitched on a Saturday night, encompassing both meanings of the word.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

More stitches in are less that you have to stitch. Good for you on helping your friend stamp cards. I hope all the seniors get to take the trip.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Absolutely agree with Robin, that's three squares closer to a finish!
The fundraiser is a great idea, it's nice that someone cares about these kids.

Beth said...

I generally am not thrilled with people, but kids break my heart. Good for you stepping up and helping out.