Thursday, November 09, 2017

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Even though it has been four years since I stitched with the Tea and Stitch ladies, they are still contributing a tree to the silent auction. (Lest I make you think I am dancing backwards in high heels, last year I had a great deal of help on the auction from my compadre Nicole. Then this year, she took it over. The problem with the auction is it will burn you out, so we should probably rotate in a new person so they can do most of the work with an assist from me and Nicole.)

They have outdone themselves this year. I have a few snaps of their ornaments.

First the ladies had one member teach them how to make these yarn hats--they are made with yarn and a piece of toilet paper tube! And I can tell you they are cuuuuuute.



Close up. I don't know who made this one, but they were dedicated to getting the pompom right!

When I was sorting through the bag of ornaments, there looked to be a crumpled up piece of tissue at the bottom. And wrapped inside it I found this angel tree topper. I can't belive someone knit and donated this. It's amazing. 

I want this tree! But I think it is going to go for much more than it has in the past. Partly because these are great ornaments, and partly because there are a lot more people coming. 

I'll take a photo when it's all set up and let you know how much $$ it raises.



6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The angel is darling. The hats are cute and thank you for the link. I look forward to seeing a picture of the tree.

Needle Nicely said...

I don't knit so the knitted people really appeal to me. Years ago I bought a booklet that had various people to be knit--some of my employees did a marvelous job knitting them for their grandchildren.

Berit said...

These are fantastic--and the angel is so sweet and lovely! I want one; timelessly cute!

Margaret said...

Those little hats are cute. It's hard to believe anyone would ever make more than one - they look so fiddly. I know I would be all fingers and thumbs. But of course I have kept the instructions because I will definitely make some some time. Thank you.

Beth said...

What a neat project - a wonderful way to give and share.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous decorations. I can pompom but the wool has to be right sort to really fluff out.