Sunday, November 05, 2017

Marquoir

Well, sports fans, I took out the marquoir for some air today. I was trying to remember the last time I worked on it, and I think it was back when we were still having Friday night stitch night with the Strawberry Sampler gals instead of the weekend of stitching. I was trying to figure it out and asked Molly when they stopped having them. She didn't even remember that we had ever met at night at the barn! It turns out it was 2011. I was looking for "before" photos for you, (see here) and I see that I started this in 2006. I find this all mind boggling, because I was sure I put this aside like three years ago tops. What I do remember in excruciating detail is watching the woman at the stitch-in touch the marquoir. Seven years ago like it was yesterday, but seven minutes ago? No. LOL. (They say you do remember traumatic events better than others.)

Today I finished the flowers in the basket (but, I noticed as I was photographing it, not the basket itself) the giant H and M-O to the right of the basket.

I was invited to go to a stitch-in in Exton, and though I can't make it in November, I'm aiming for December. Maybe I'll bring this big thing along!

9 comments:

Pamela said...

I sometimes pull out a project and think it wasn't so long ago that I worked on it and am surprised it was ten years ago or even longer. Time flies when you have many projects!

Beth said...

I think I have one unfinished from the 1990's.

Kristen said...

I remember the post about the woman touching the marquoir! Was it really7 years ago?!

Robin in Virginia said...

Thanks for providing the link to the 'touch the marquoir' story! I can't imagine someone touching anyone's work without asking.

diamondc said...

Anna: Better late then never is my motto, this is a beautiful design, I look forward to your progress.

Blessings
Catherine

UplayOnline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

Lovely project Nikki.

Linda

Julie said...

It's very pretty

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I remember the touchy feely woman too, you must have blogged about her since then!
It must be nice to pick this up again, it's beautiful.