Thursday, November 23, 2017

Giving Thanks for Stitches

SheepToday we celebrated. I wrapped the stockings and gave them to the happy family, pretty much when I walked in because there was a very cranky little girl trying to wake up from her nap. The present brightened her for a minute but it wasn't Spiderman, so she wanted "a different treat." Mom and dad were impressed and pleased, so that's something. Later the girls and I inspected the stockings. We found a heart on each one. Then a sheep. Then a snowflake on everyone but mommy's. Special K pointed to one of the charms, "watering can," she says. How do three year olds know these words? It's remarkable how quickly they pick up language. They still don't know who I am, though.
Once home, I picked up Our Souls. Another flower and some fill. Better pictures tomorrow.

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Anna: I think young ones get cranky when they are taken away from their usual routine.
Great start on Our Souls.

Blessings
Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

I really like the flowers on Our Souls. Happy to hear Mom and Dad liked the stockings; too funny about it not being Spiderman.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad they warmed to the stocking once they explored all the motifs.
My friend's Dad used to like to teach his grandson words like "Oscillate" and "fluorescent" when he babysat.
Who do the girls think you are?

Beth said...

I love little kids - they are so painfully honest. I read to a kindergardner and 1st grader each week - it's a treat!