Friday, February 10, 2017

February

Photo from Death to the Stock Photo
I haven't been stitching. I can't settle on a project. I'm distracted by so many things... The most enjoyable of which is trying to keep up with my three book groups. One meets only three times a year (after winter break, spring break, and fall break) and the other meets only four times this semester. But in January, I had three meetings in two weeks. There was a lot of reading to get done! I'm still reading. I'm six books ahead of schedule for my  Goodreads Challenge.

At the end of this month, I am leaving for safari in Tanzania. I'm going with my mother and aunt. I'm very excited for this trip but there is so much to do! (Which seems odd since you can only bring 66 pounds of gear. Total. Including your camera. For 12 days.)

Because I will be gone the first week of March, I've decided not to do Craft Month this year. I had themes planned for each week and projects chosen for almost every day. I just can't see how to make it work. Best just to go away and enjoy being away.

My lack of stitching induced me to designate Ladybug, Ladybug as my project for February. So far, I've managed about 40 minutes on it. But I'll be back. I'm not giving up this easily.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip Nikki. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I wondered where you'd been! There's still plenty of time for the stitching (lady) bug to bite this month!
At least you've been productive with your time. I am actually looking forward to Lent and my annual FB diet.

Julie said...

Safe travels on your trip, have a lovely time.

Robin in Virginia said...

While I will miss Craft month, your safari trip sounds incredible. Hope you will share pictures upon your return! Have a relaxing weekend!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a wonderful trip! Putting stitching on hold is completely understandable. Have a wonderful time and Godspeed! Can't wait to see pics.

Beth W said...

Have a wonderful time in Tanzania! For sure travel trumps stitching and reading, especially as a mind/life-enhancing experience. Yay!

Tricia B said...

Wow! Going on safari sounds fantastic! Enjoy and safe travels. Any book recs after all that reading?

Donna said...

Sometimes we just take a break. We know you'll be back to stitching because you can't stay away. Enjoy the safari!

Donna said...

Sometimes we just take a break. We know you'll be back to stitching because you can't stay away. Enjoy the safari!