Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Month of Blogging Finis

I wasn't sure what I was going to stitch last night that could also serve as my small for today's Small SAL report. I pawed through the stash, reviewed the three Two Hour Cross Stitch books I had, selected and discarded a few items. At last my eye alighted on the Lizzie*Kate pattern Sled Dudes. One of the women sitting next to me at the Strawberry Sampler Stitch In at the beginning of this month was stitching this very piece. She started it and then I looked over again a few minutes later and she had nearly finished it! With this memory in mind, I knew I had found the perfect piece.

I only stitched on it for an hour last night, but I was able to finish-finish it in another hour or so! Since I decided on this piece at the last minute, only two of the flosses are the called-for colors. I used WDW Grasshopper for the green and WDW Peony for the pink, as called for. But the blue is GAST Huckleberry, the white is WDW Whitewash, the black is GAST Wrought Iron and the red is DMC 321 (which is listed as an alternate to Louisiana Hot Sauce). I also used metallic gold perforated paper instead of plain brown; it was all I had. Linking up with Heather of Stitching Lotus who hosts the Smalls SAL.

This is the most fun I have ever had doing NaBloPoMo! I really went back to the roots of the blog for that one, and it worked!  I'll be back to the regular rotation tomorrow.

Wisteria Snowman
Love Bird
Christian's Stocking
Our Souls
Waldorff
Cinnamon Stars
Lapland Santa
small
Ladybug, Ladybug
Tis the Season


10 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome month Nikki. I loved seeing all of your progress pics. Makes me want to work on some of mine.

Linda

Pamela said...

What a cute quick finish!

Needle Nicely said...

Great finish/finish. Really looks great. Kudos!

Melinda Forbes said...

I love those quick little sleds. Your thread choices are great.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your sled turned out great! Watch out, they can be very addictive! Congratulations and way to go on having a successful month of blogging!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do love these little sled designs and they are a nice quick finish.
Well done on completing the whole month and making it fun to read too!

Kristen said...

What a cutie! (I'm partial to polar bears.)

Congratulations on the month of blogging! I certainly enjoyed reading your posts.

Bea said...

Hooray for ending the month on a finished finish! It's been fun following your daily postings.

Julie said...

I love these cute sleds, I received one in an exchange last year, everyone comments on it on my tree.

Meari said...

What a cutie. I love doing the sleds. They're so quick and look nice.