Saturday, March 12, 2016

Scrappy Saturday: Texture card

Usually, it's pretty easy to use up card stock--you just need a 4" x 5.25" or 3.75" x 5" piece for a layer. But sometimes, you've punched a circle out of a corner or several butterflies out of a side, and you can no longer squeeze out a rectangular layer. Enter this card...It makes its point with texture. My sister and the ladies we stamp with made a similar card one or two years ago. They went with pinks and made it for Valentine's Day. I had a bunch of green scraps, so mine is a Christmas card.

And then I had punched more circles than I needed for one card, but not enough of each color for two cards...so I improvised.


Read more:
Sixty five ways to use paper scraps Sweetly Scrapped
Using Paper Scraps Operation Write Home
50 Things to Do with Paper Scraps Scrapbook.com (under-illustrated)

6 comments:

Bea said...

Nothing like thinking on the fly. I like them all very much.

Linda said...

Cute and clever cards Nikki.

Linda

Laura said...

What a great idea! They look really nice!

Robin in Virginia said...

What fun cards you created! I like the use of texture on your circles. Plus you are up 3 cards for Christmas! Yay!

Julie said...

Loving the wreath one, clever...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice dragon scales. Great way to use up scraps too.