Monday, November 30, 2015

The Finish Line

I have blogged every day. This does not feel like the achievement I thought it was in 2006 when I first tried. In fact, this is what I said about the accomplishment:
I also managed to blog every day in November. And let me tell you I won't be doing that again. It's too hard to blog on weekends! (Actually, it's not like I'm going anywhere the next few weekends, if the soreness in my back and shoulders is any indication of what walking with crutches is like.) And people just don't read that often, if the comments are any indication. But I did it!
Since then, I've participated almost every year (not in 2013 because of the then-new job and one year when I tried and failed). You can see how good I am at predicting the future!

I have not stitched on Sadie's stocking since the last time I showed it to you. With Christmas mere weeks away, I'm going to have to decide whether to do a big push, or put the stockings off to next year. It's not like the kids will notice.

I wish I had more for you, but today was a day. I left my pocketbook at home and in it my house keys, wallet, phone, and breakfast. And then when I did make it to work, I found out I had been accidentally left off an email scheduling the interview committee I am on--we had someone coming in at 10:00. And there it was 9:25 and I still hadn't eaten. Fortunately, a colleague lent me a $20. The dude came home early to let Stella and me in (I usually get home about an hour before he does). I ended up on my feet. Just barely. I sense a theme...

13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I think you should put your feet up and veg out or go to bed. Happy for you that you accomplished your blogging every day quest!

Beth said...

You had A Day today!

Caroline said...

Well congratulations for finishing November with a daily post - you did it! I failed and this was my first attempt. So, my hat is off to you! It sounds like you could use a quiet hour with your stitching!

Margaret said...

Hooray on making it through November! Congratulations! Sorry about your day -- OMG, I would have freaked. No rush on those stockings. You have time -- the little ones are little!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I haven't kept up with blogs over November because the "final push" for finishing...ugh. I'm done, thank heavens.
I'm going to go back and read your November :) Sorry about your Manic Monday...those sort of days literally suck.
I bet it will be a Terrific Tuesday though!

jhm said...

Congrats on finishing. Manic Monday seemed to happen to a lot of folks yesterday. Must have been something in the air.

Rest up for a day or so before starting the frantic December frenzy.

JHM
http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

It takes a great deal of time and energy to maintain a Blog and to blog every day for a month -- Your blog is so fun to read, I thank you for your effort and making a little bit of my day most enjoyable

Bea said...

I've thoroughly enjoyed the days of your blog - well done seeing it through.

Have a quiet evening - you've earned it!

I'd just take my time with the stocking - much more enjoyable for you.

Angela Mier said...

I hope your Tuesday went better! It has been a week so far!

Anonymous said...

It's an achievement, daily blogging! And I've really enjoyed your veggie postings. ;) Hoping your Tuesday was a chill as your Monday was crazy.

Julie said...

Well done posting every day in November

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on blogging every day for the whole month. I did read every one but didn't always comment, there's only so much I can say about vegetables LOL

Beth W said...

Congrats, and ha, and yikes, in equal turns. I hope the rest of the year is less of a close call. Good on you for not murdering someone before that meeting (that's my first reflect, after skipping breakfast). And something tells me the kids will appreciate it more, the older they are. Give yourself a few years, maybe?