Monday, November 09, 2015

Cookbook Club, Occasional Report

Tonight was Cookbook Club at the library. We did Martha Stewart's One Pot Meals. When I signed up for my recipe, I saw we were lacking desserts, so chose "Blender Chocolate Mousse." So easy! Only four ingredients--chocolate chips, sugar, milk, and egg whites.

I do contend that since you heat the milk in the pot and whiz everything in a blender before you put it in a container to chill, it's not exactly a one pot dish. But since it will take more time to wash the dishes than to whip up this mousse--which won a round of applause--it's worth making.

Many of the recipes were delicious--the mac and cheese, the chicken and mushrooms, the pot roast with sweet potatoes, the stuffed tomatoes--so the book looks like a keeper.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Gotta love choccie mousse.... I love choccie anything :-)

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounded like a good evening with an interesting combination of foods.

Bea said...

Sounds like some good food. And I'm definitely in favour of anything with chocolate in it!

C in DC said...

Sounds like my kind of cookbook.