Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bowled Over

Since all the felt was in a laundry basket that I kept tripping over, I thought I'd stick with that for my crafting. I flipped through Warm Fuzzies for more inspiration. I came up with a felted* bowl.

Even though I have a ton of felted balls, I needed to run out and get more. So I abandoned the project halfway through and finished it after my library meeting.

For some reason, Stella didn't like me working on it. She was growling at me while I stitched it up. So I showed it to her. She sniffed it like it was a long lost relative. She started licking it. I pulled it away and kept sewing the balls in place.

When it was done, and sitting on the table, she went back to licking it. So I moved it to the arm of the couch, way to the back. Stella got up on the loveseat, and stood on the arm of the couch, picked up the bowl, delicately in her little mouth, hopped off the couch and headed toward the chewing room. Fortunately the dude was able to impede her progress and rescue the bowl.

I think I might have to make a little toy for her out of this sweater because she loves something about it!

*Technically fulled wool. I'm using felt imprecisely. Come along for the wild ride.

9 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Well now, that's just adorable.

Heather said...

The bowl is really, really love. You did a super job.

Margie said...

It's beautiful! There are a line of dog toys made out of felted wool. The lab and pugs love them but they need to be supervised because they all love to eat the wool. :-)

Adrienne said...

Love the bowl. And the fact that you have a Chewing Room.

Anonymous said...

Great bowl. Do you think Stella loved it because it was once attached to a sheep? The smell of lanolin? I'm not sure why I'm so curious.

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! Love the colors too! lol about Stella. I wonder what the attraction was for her? Hope you can make her a toy to satisfy her felted wool cravings.

Linda said...

Oh wow Nikki. Each day I love your new craft project more than the day before.

Linda

Charlene ♥ NC said...

How cute is THAT? Love it.

I was thinking it was the balls she was attracted to, but if it's the sweater, then you should make her a dam'it doll (dammitdolls.com).

Anonymous said...

I love it. I loved ths when I saw it in the book, I'm so glad to see a "real" one. Maybe you should make Stella something quick before the month is over. :)