A Cuppa Tea with Me to read more about her definition of home.
* Mashables links to a woman who cross-stitched an AIM conversation. "It took a year to make!"
* Jill sent me this a while ago but you need to know how you are lowering your blood pressure. (Also chalk one up for the old ladies.)
* Recently the dude was marveling over a "chess is cool now"* tweet--much like our, "cross-stitch used to be for grannies" bits. This cross-stitch is for geekdom story kind of reminds me of that. Only with more grannies.
* When I wrote my dissertation, which was about women's violence, including a lot of dead babies, one of my sort of broad conclusions was that our culture doesn't do enough to support mothers. This is something easy to do. The short story: Purple crying--purple hat--this too shall pass.
* "Once the province of nerds in Coke-bottle glasses, chess has evolved into a glamorous, coolly cerebral sport."