Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Day 6: How Tack-y!

One of my in-progress projects for the new craft room is an inspiration board. I've used one of the complementary fabrics (to the one used in the blinds) to cover some foam core that I've popped into a frame*. But I haven't put it to good use because I didn't put any ribbon/elastic on it to facilitate tucking in ephemera**, nor did I have any tacks. So I've been tucking random things under the frame, which limits the amount of stuff on the inspiration board. {This doesn't mean I'm uninspired; there's still pinterest!}

Yesterday, I beautified some tacks following these directions.


Now I'll be able to tack up many more pieces of paper. The earth thanks me, I'm sure.

The other day someone told me I should be teaching craft classes because I make such beautiful things. But really, who needs a class in gluing?

*Don't worry, all will be revealed in a video tour scheduled for an April release. 
** Soon to be remedied.

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

Ooo, I like this one. Also could add magnets to the back. Very pretty. I am looking forward to your "video tour" but ~ April? I hate waiting!

Christine said...

Oooo, I love the tacks! Thanks for sharing the link!