Monday, February 20, 2012

Maggie Monday: My Card

Maggie sent me a brilliant stream of consciousness piece this week. I just had to share. You're in it!

I was looking at all the cards I received last year read them all from your friends (+ relations) on the Blog --they all think well of you--nice people. I've been using [the dude's] blueberry jam (really good), big decision do I keep or let them go* they're beautiful I'm really lucky. Thanks once more. I've been doing my usual 1 martini @ 4:00-4:30--depends where--Martha's--Surf--PAC**. I get out as much as I can, I'm a little restricted. Frankie broke his arm--not driving--Marcia*** flew from Dom. Republic I guess. So no Martha's--but I go to Surf on Tues. cab to + fro thanks to your Mom and Dad. Hope you are well. Hi Stella!! PS bad handwriting. {It's true, she didn't sign the card.}

See what I mean when I tell you you've made an old lady's day? Almost a year later and she's torn about getting rid of them. I'm going to tell her to keep them. They can't be taking up that much room. But 90 should take up a lot more space! March 8th is the deadline for me to receive your card. (Two and a half weeks.) Thanks!


* at this point, she leaves the jam and goes back to the cards. Took me several tries to get there!
**Polish American Club
*** his sister

2 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

You could punch holes on the sides of the cards and use those ring clippy things to keep them all together. Or... she could just toss them!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Scrapbook!

or a photo album with slot-in pages.