Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ornaments

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I am up to my eyeballs. I'm getting lots of freelance work, and even though I have a metric ton to do around the house in preparation for the holidays, I can't say no to paid work. 


Missy over at Eat Stitch Love wants to know:


How many STITCHED ornaments do you hang on your tree?
About fifty--I've stitched a lot of Sandra Cozzolino's santa ornaments (she designs the beaded Mill Hill trios, but she was making them before Mill Hill picked her up). I stitched a  set of six Mill Hill Santa heads as well and a dozen or so from the JCS Ornament issues.


How many ornaments do you stitch a year?
Sometimes more...sometimes less. I didn't stitch any this year, though I did briefly consider doing a bride's tree set for my sister. Then I lay down and the feeling passed. For a while I was having a hard time coming up with a present for her, and I kind of wish I had. But I found something tres chic.

How many do you give as gifts?
Again, this is something I only do sometimes, usually for my nieces. I once stitched one for my uncle, and he thought it was store bought! But then he figured it would have been hard to find a Santa with a lobster (Prairie Schooler).


Do you participate in ornament exchanges?
No. I did do Fair and Square for a while and I made those into ornaments, but I've never done a dedicated ornament exchange.


These answers make it seem like I should have a bare tree! But I never seem to...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Paid work is always good work!

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on getting some more work :) and your tree looks lovely with the ornaments on :) love mouse xxxx

Unknown said...

I'm surprised Stella doesn't pull down your garland!