Thursday, November 03, 2011

Third Day Struggles

"Jesus, you're already struggling on the third of November?" --the dude

It's true. I don't know what to write about today. I brought the dog to the park, worked on a freelance gig, did some laundry, and made dinner. Yes, I'm feeling better. But it's not the stuff of blog posts.

Oh, wait, I made dinner! I made Rachael Ray's Pumpkin Turnovers and Sherry-Shallot Warm Brussel Sprout Slaw. This was no 30-minute meal! The recipe begins with baking the squash, so you know it's going to take a while. But it was deliciously different.

I'm glad I finally felt well enough to cook dinner. We've been subsisting on premade food from Costco--calzone, lobster bisque, chicken tikka masala, and saag paneer. It was all good--well, the bisque was outstanding--but not nearly as good as a home cooked meal...even if I did use a premade crust.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo glad you are feeling better and home made food is yummy :) love mouse xxxx

doris said...

Pumpkin turnovers ... mmmmmmmmm ... bestill my heart!