Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wedding Surprise

I finally got sissy to go to Strawberry Sampler to pick out a wedding sampler. I had been thinking Drawn Thread's Marriage of True Minds or Heart's Content's Rose Marriage Sampler. She took one look at the latter and said, "too floral." When she had a chance to study True Minds, she said, "too traditional." Then she pointed to a small piece and said, "I really like this one." Love, Me by Hands to Work. (Turns out I already own it.)

But it's so small! I've done some pretty intricate pieces for people. (See here and here.) It seems so wrong to make something so small for my one and only baby sister. She let me keep looking, and I found this one. She liked it, and we chose a couple of red flosses for it.

When I was recounting our trip to the dude, I told him that I felt like I had bullied her into choosing something more intricate. So I brought both patterns along to Sunday dinner. I showed them to Jersey. He thought the bigger one was nice but too formal. He liked the smaller one too. Then he saw that the MBT design had the date. I told him I could put the date on the one he liked, and that settled it. I am stitching Love, Me for the happy couple. And I shouldn't have any problem finishing that for May 14th.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

"Love, Me" is a personal favorite. My best friend stitched it as a wedding gift for us. It has been sitting on the middle of the mantle since day one.

It seems to be a quick stitch, so I say....Have fun and GO FOR IT!

barbara said...

I think it's wonderful. :D

Jenna said...

Lucky you! I'm sure that you will snazz it up a bit and they will both love it forever.

Annemarie said...

Your little sis has great taste. The Hands to Work design is lovely.

KarenV said...

That's a lovely design and if they both like it, you can't lose :)

Alice said...

Don't think of it as being too small. Think of it as being the one they want. Lucky. I think it is a lovely choice.

Miriam said...

It's lovely, I think, and you shouldn't worry about it being small or less intricate - clearly your sister and future brother-in-law aren't worried! I like the Love, Me one better as well.